Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

To get an FSEOG, the applicant must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so the college can determine how much financial need you have. Students who will receive Federal Pell Grants and have the most financial need will receive FSEOGs first. The FSEOG does not need to be repaid. Applicants can receive between $100 and $4,000 a year, depending on their financial need, when they apply, the amount of other aid they get, and the availability of funds at the school. If the applicant is eligible, the school will credit the student account, pay the applicant directly, or combine these methods. The school must disburse (pay out) funds at least once per term (semester, trimester, or quarter). Schools that do not use semesters, trimesters, or quarters must disburse funds at least twice per academic year. For more information, please click the link below.